Advantages of Digital Pianos
1. The sound level can be adjusted on any digital piano, and headphones can be used. This provides the ability to practice in situations where the sound of the instrument would disturb other people.
2. Digital pianos are less expensive to purchase and much cheaper to maintain as regular tuning is not required.
3. Digital pianos and keyboards are less sensitive to climatic changes such as temperature and humidity and can be used for practice and performance in places like basements.
4. Digital pianos are likely to incorporate a MIDI interface for connectivity.
5. Digital pianos may have features to assist in learning ,composition, and recording, such as a transposition feature and built in sound recorder. This eliminates the need for microphones, and the inherent problems of audio feedback in sound reinforcement. This simplifies and streamlines the recording process.
6. Most Digital piano models are smaller and much lighter than conventional wooden pianos.
7. The individual features of each digital piano, are varied and may include instrument sounds such as strings, guitars, organs, horns, choirs, drum accompanyment and synthesized electronic sounds.